Click this picture to lead you to my other blog

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Filling the Basket

There are to be baskets on the four corners of the quilt and I have based the design on one seen on a similar quilt to the Sundial, dated 1799.

I  photocopied the fabric I intend using and auditioned the cut out paper pieces on the square of background ticking -

The handle won't be white - this was just the ordinary paper template!
Sorry this picture  is a bit out of focus, I took it hurriedly this morning,  it is just to give an idea where the baskets are to be placed.
 
You will notice that I have at last sewn all the squares together - no more Block Butler!  I I did it by hand as many of the pieces needed a bit of easing in.  I couldn't do this on the sewing machine as I am not a good enough machinist, so I think it will all hand sewn - apart maybe from the very outer borders - but a long way to go yet!


  

3 comments:

Robin said...

Your basket looks lovely with the other finished squares. I'm glad to see you are working on this quilt again, it is beautiful so far.

Lynn S said...

Yea!!!!! I've been checking on you weekl, while on hold, as have been following your project. So very beautiful! I love what you are doing! I like how you are using the fabrics so creatively

Maureen said...

This project is lovely and different from anything else I see on blogs. Thanks for sharing and keep plugging away!